- Filters 93 GPM
- Holds 600 lbs Glass or Sand Media
Micron filters operate on the basis of "depth filtration"; dirt is driven through the filter bed and trapped in minute spaces between the particles of filter media allowing the cleansed water to pass through the filter's laterals and exit via the filter's Multiport valve.
- Inflow diffuser for even distribution of water flow across the filter bed
- Pressure gauge
- Multiport valve with quick connect barrel unions
- Fiberglass wound tank, UV and corrosion resistant
- Hydraulically balanced laterals to maximize water flow and filtration
- Manual drain
- Large filter base for stable floor mounting
- Working pressure 36 psi
- The maximum working temperature of 50°CC (122°F)
Filament Wound Construction
Micron fiberglass filters embody the latest in fiberglass winding technology. Micron fiberglass vessels consist of an inner shell of fiberglass-reinforced polyester resin wound over with fiberglass filament. Waterco's digitally controlled filament winding machine faultlessly winds continuous strands of high-quality fiberglass filament under controlled tension filament to create a seamless one-piece vessel with refined consistency and superior quality. There are no welds or seams or special tank linings which can corrode or electrolyze.
Micron "Fish Tail" Laterals
Conventional laterals have "dead legs" existing between the laterals, which exist between the laterals, which compromises water flow through the filter bed. Waterco's unique "fishtail" lateral configuration eliminates this problem by providing effective coverage of the filter bed and balanced water flow.
- Filament Wound filters are equipped with "Fish Tail" laterals, to improve their filtration and backwashing hydraulic efficiency
- Fish Tail laterals provide effective coverage of the filter bed and balanced water flow, during backwashing
- Filament Wound filters backwash time is significantly reduced, leading to a 30% savings of backwash water
Energy Saving "Fish Tail" Laterals
The filament wound filters' hydraulic efficiency halves the backwash flow rate of a conventional sand filter, allowing the option for low-powered, energy-efficient pumps for filtration flow and backwash flow.
The effectiveness and efficiency of the filter are impaired by an excessive build-up of debris, clogging the media, which will result in pressure build-up and poor circulation. Cleaning the filter simply requires turning the filter’s Multiport lever from the "filter" position to the "backwash" position, which reverses the flow of water in the filter, flushing the filter bed.
Waterco Micron S750 30" Top Mount Sand Filter w/ 2"Multiport Valve